Proper Placement of a Face Mask:
1. Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and dry your hands thoroughly with a clean and disposable option, such as a paper towel.
2. Check your mask for any possible defects, such as a tear or a missing ear loop. If you notice any defects with your mask, please dispose of it immediately to ensure nobody else attempts to wear it.
3. When wearing masks with ear loops, put your mask on one ear loop at a time.
4. Once your ear loops are secure around your ear, ensure your mask is centered on your face.
5. After ensuring your mask is centered, pinch the top and bendable edge of your mask around the bridge of your nose with your thumb and index finger to ensure a comfortable but secure fit. If you wear glasses, this will help to keep your glasses from fogging.
6. When you have the mask secure over the bridge of your nose, make sure to pull the bottom of your mask to cover your mouth. You should be able to pull the mask over the edge of your chin to ensure proper fit.
7. Again, wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds as they were near your mouth and nose.
Proper Scrubbing Out Procedure or Disposing of Your Face Mask:
As important as it is to put on your mask properly, it is equally as important to remove your mask properly to avoid the possibility of cross-contamination. To remove your mask, please use the following steps compiled from National Jewish Health :
1. Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and, again, use a clean and disposable option to dry your hands completely.
2. Remove your mask by removing the ear loops from your ears. Do not touch your mask to pull it off or touch the inside of your mask.
3. Throw the mask away immediately.
4. Wash your hands for an additional 20 seconds.